KFA have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Trainee Developer to join our dynamic team.
This permanent position is well suited to an individual that is looking to start a career in IT and gain hands-on experience in a thriving and supportive workplace.
The role will involve writing code, unit testing of code and supporting system testing.
Essential Skills Required
- The suitable applicant will have a desire to become a software developer and to have a Career in IT.
- They will be motivated and hard working to make this happen.
- They must be able to manage their time and work independently, as this may be required for small projects, but also like working as part of a team for larger projects.
- Software developers must be analytical, detail-oriented and highly organised to accurately develop and document their work while working on several projects at once.
- They will need to be able to read technical diagrams and documents and understand business requirements.
- Communication is essential for interacting with members of other teams, so the candidate needs to have excellent interpersonal skills.
- A minimum of 5 GCSE passes to include Maths, English and preferably Computer Science. Ideally an ‘A’ level in Computer Science.
KFA will provide:
The opportunity to learn software development skills across a range of languages and platforms.
Experience of developing using both Waterfall and Agile development strategies.
Experience of analysing High-Level Designs and Technical Design documents to determine the work required to develop solutions.
Salary £12K for School leaver on Apprenticeship Scheme, £18K for ‘A’ level student, £24K for graduate
Performance related bonus
25 days holiday
Pension – 5% of salary (18+)
PMI – 50% Paid by the company (18+)
Perkbox (staff treats, discounts & benefits)
We are an Equal Opportunities employer.
Get in touch
Get in touch, our expert team are waiting to help.