KFA have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic IBM i Support Analyst/Developer to join our dynamic team.
This permanent position is well suited to an individual that is looking to start a career in IT and gain hands-on experience in a thriving and supportive workplace.
The role involves working as part of our Level 2 and Level 3 Support team providing support on bespoke applications for our UK clients.
Typical activities will involve analyzing complex problems in a pro-active manner and assisting users with issues. You must be able to handle the pressure of high priority incidents that require quick thinking and resolution in very tight timelines.
As part of the support team, you will also be involved in supporting our development and testing teams when required, this could include helping them understand how our BAU operations work or assisting in resolving system environmental issues and in-flight testing, bug analysis.
Ideally, you will come from a problem management background, though someone from a development background who enjoys high pressure, quick turn around challenges would similarly suit the role.
Most importantly you must possess good problem-solving skills, with an eye for detail and desire to reach the conclusion in resolving incidents and problems.
To meet the requirements of this role, you will need to be able to demonstrate a genuine enthusiasm for IT support in a service department.
Structured training will be provided for the successful candidate in order to develop skills and keep up to date with the latest technologies.
Essential Skills Required
- Familiarity with ILE RPGLE development including embedded SQL and the ability to debug existing programs.
- Ability to effectively use SQL to query data held on the system to resolve operational issues.
- SQL Development experience ideally DB2 on the IBM i including DDL and DML.
- A Proactive approach to problem-solving and learning.
- A drive to learn and extend your existing knowledge base.
Additional ‘Good to Have’ Skills
- QSHELL (or basic LINUX/UNIX shell operations).
- IBM Rational Developer for I (RDi) IDE.
- Understanding of ITL V3.
- Understanding and working experience of SDLC.
- Working knowledge of Jira or other Service Desk tools.
- Working knowledge of IBM MQ, TIL or other middleware applications.
- Understanding of the IBM i work management process.
- Understanding of network technologies.
KFA will provide:
Salary – Based on experience
Performance related bonus
25 days holiday
Pension – 5% of salary
PMI – 50% paid by the company
Flexible Working Hours, Working from Home – 1 Day per week
Perkbox (staff treats, discounts & benefits)
We are an Equal Opportunities employer.
Get in touch
Get in touch, our expert team are waiting to help.